Firms skin, visibly smoothes wrinkles
Restores complexion radiance and evenness
Diminishes appearance of pores
- Skin Type: All skin types
- Concern: Anti-Ageing
Firms skin, visibly smoothes wrinkles
Restores complexion radiance and evenness
Diminishes appearance of pores
Our most powerful age control concentrate ever.
8th generation Double Serum
2 serums in 1 have been the unrivalled force behind Double Serum since 1985. Its unique double formula combines the best water-soluble and oil-soluble active anti-ageing ingredients to stimulate the skin’s 5 vital functions.
- Brings radiance to the skin
- Reduces wrinkles
- Restores skin elasticity
- Tightens pores
- Hydrates the skin throughout the day
- Kiwi fruit The kiwi is an Asian shrub that has been cultivated in France since the Seventies. It was the New Zealanders who named it after their national bird. The oblong fruit has slightly acid green flesh and contains an extraordinary number of vitamins. Also known as the fruit of 7 vitamins, it is the richest in vitamins C & E and possesses the highest concentration of nutrients. Discover
- Oat Used for centuries for food and by herbalists, oat has become extremely popular since research revealed its high content of vitamins and minerals. In cosmetics, oat helps to moisturize and soften the skin, while the sugars from the grain have extreme firming powers for an immediate smoothing effect. Discover
- Organic Teasel Beneath a prickly exterior, Teasel holds a wealth of revitalizing virtues. Also known as Venus’ Basin, the rainwater that collects within its bowl of leaves was used as a cosmetic in ancient times. Helps minimize the look of fine lines and wrinkles caused by a stressful lifestyle. Discover
- Glasswort Glasswort can be found along all the shorelines of Europe and every year it produces cylindrical branches that resemble a type of ragged cactus. Beneath this ragged exterior, the plant has developed quite a remarkable biological organization - it is halophilic (it likes salt) and perfectly able to survive in its harsh coastline conditions. It also resists tidal flows by regulating the water level in its cells. Used as a food because of its high content of vitamins and minerals, glasswort also produces an oil which is perfectly suitable for use in skin care. In cosmetics, glasswort extract helps retain water in epidermal cells to provide skin with optimal moisturization. The extract used by Clarins Laboratories is organic. Discover
- Cocoa According to Aztec legend, the cocoa tree was a gift to man from the god Quetzalcoatl, in tribute to a princess who was sacrificed for refusing to betray her husband. From the young woman’s blood, the god brought forth a tree whose pods contained a treasure of precious cocoa beans, as bitter as pain, as strong as virtue, and as red as blood. To be made edible, cocoa beans must undergo a process of fermentation, drying, then roasting. Afterwards, they are shelled to extract the kernels which give the cocoa paste. It is from this paste that cocoa butter and cocoa powder are obtained. Cocoa unsaponifiables are extracted from the most precious fraction of the butter. These help to nourish the skin, protect it from dehydration, and prevent skin aging. Cocoa powder extract, rich in polyphenols and OPCs (Oligomeric proanthocyanidins), has soothing and anti-free radical properties. Discover
- Mango The mango is a tree originating from India which is now grown in all tropical countries, mainly for its fruit. The yellow, fibrous flesh of the fruit has a delicious flavour and its stone contains an edible kernel which is used to make a very rich paste used locally to thicken sauces. By pressing this kernel, one also obtains a plant butter, mango butter. In cosmetics, mango butter, which is rich in fatty acids, protects skin from dehydration, nourishes it and provides suppleness and comfort. Discover
- Banana With its slender silhouette and large, hanging leaves, the banana resembles a tree. However, it is actually a giant grass whose only perennial part is an underground stem (rhizome). Native to South-East Asia, the banana is now found in tropical regions throughout the world. There are several varieties of banana grown for their fruit, which is eaten green or ripe. In traditional medicine, green banana is used externally for its healing properties. Discover
- Leaf of life Originating from Madagascar, the leaf of life is a fascinating plant - its leaves have the capacity to quickly produce new plants, symbolizing the regenerating power of life, and the plant itself appears green and fleshy even in conditions of extreme drought. Known as a “succulent” plant since it is full of sap, the leaf of life has adapted to hydric stress thanks to molecules which act like sponges to retain water inside the leaves. This action, similar to that of hyaluronic acid - the skin’s “sponge molecule” - served as an inspiration to Clarins Laboratories. They have demonstrated the capacity of leaf of life extract to encourage the synthesis of hyaluronic acid. In cosmetics, leaf of life extract helps boost the skin’s natural hydration mechanisms. The extract used by Clarins Laboratories is organic. Discover
- Jania Jania is a photophilic perennial seaweed found in calm waters, which grows on rocks near the surface exposed to the light or in sandy basins. Depending on light intensity, its color varies from pinky-white in very bright light, to violet-pink in lower light levels. Its fine, multi-branched stems composed of stiff, cylindrical segments give the foliage a characteristic pom-pom look. In cosmetics, red jania extract encourages the elimination of dead cells and promotes a clear complexion. Discover
- Beautyberry The beautyberry, or beautybush, is a pretty shrub that certainly lives up to its name and produces small bunches of very bright, violet berries every autumn. Behind its beautiful, delicate appearance lies the hardy constitution of a pioneer plant which is capable of growing in even the most hostile soils. In traditional medicine, this plant, which originates from Asia, is used for its anti-inflammatory and veinotonic properties. Discover
- Mary’s thistle Originating from the Mediterranean region, Mary’s thistle is a plant that favors dry, sun-drenched soils and, despite its thorny, rather uninviting look, has a benevolent nature. The legend behind its white-speckled leaves tells the story of Mary who, fleeing from Egypt to escape persecution, hid behind a bush of Mary’s thistle to suckle the baby Jesus. A few drops of her milk fell onto the leaves, and since that moment, the plant’s leaves have been marbled white. Since antiquity, the plant has been used to comfort and relieve liver problems. Traditionally, the oil extracted from its seeds, which is rich in essential fatty acids – in particular omega 6 – is used to nourish and comfort the skin. The Mary’s thistle oil used by Clarins Laboratories is organic. Discover
- Horse chestnut Native to the Balkans and named after Aesculus - the Greek God of Medicine and Healing - the horse chestnut was renowned in ancient times for its medicinal properties. In the 19th century, a French doctor extolled its efficacy in treating blood circulation problems. Known for its positive effect on micro-circulation, horse chestnut extract is also known for its draining properties which detoxify the skin. Discover
- Ginger lily Ginger lily is also known as “butterfly lily” due to the butterfly shape of its flower which has large petals and long stamens. The plant originates from Asia and is now found in many intertropical regions. It is grown as an ornamental plant and its white flowers are also popular for their strong, jasmine-like fragrance. It is the national flower of Cuba where it is called “flor de mariposa” and used in bridal bouquets. In cosmetics, ginger lily extract is used for its anti-ageing properties – it is an antioxidant and also stimulates the synthesis of collagen. Discover
- Edelweiss According to legend, edelweiss was born from a star that came down to Earth to experience love. For defying the laws of the kingdom of the stars, it was transformed into a modest flower destined to live on the top of remote summits. Originating from Siberia, edelweiss then migrated towards Europe during the ice ages of the Quaternary period. During the 19th century, it became the symbol of the Alps. The flower, found at altitudes of 4,900-9,800 ft., has pretty little yellow flower heads surrounded by downy white petals in a double star formation. This down protects the edelweiss from desiccation and ultraviolet radiation. In cosmetics, edelweiss extract is recognized for its antioxidant activity. The extract used by Clarins Laboratories is organic. Discover
Cellular communication: the language of youth.
When the skin is young
The cells communicate with each other: they emit and receive messages from other cells and from their environment. This effective communication allows for the optimal performance of 5 vital functions, which are key to the skin’s youth and beauty.
With age and aggressors
Since the cells can’t “hear” as well, their ability to respond becomes diminished. Communication between the cells is impaired.
The 5 vital functions are disrupted and signs of ageing appear.
Clarins has decoded the language of youth: [EXPRESSION + LISTENING]
A cocktail of [20+1] plant extracts
At the heart of Double Serum are [20+1] powerful plant extracts to optimize the [EXPRESSION + LISTENING] abilities of the cell language and to stimulate the skin’s 5 vital functions.
With the 5 vital functions
For a beautiful skin finish
Orthosiphon extract helps refine the skin’s texture while organic oat sugars provide an instant lifting effect.
Focus on: turmeric
Travel with turmeric
Follow this extraordinary plant from the Indian fields where it is grown all the way to the Clarins Laboratories in Paris and discover its history, properties and communication power.
A bio-inspired plant-based breakthrough
After extensive research, Clarins Laboratories chose the active ingredient that most effectively protected the cells’ listening system: a turmeric extract highly concentrated in turmerone.
A key molecule in plant communication, turmerone alerts other plants of danger and attracts pollinating insects for reproduction.
For your skin, it targets the receptors on the surface of the cell in order to:
- Protect its listening ability
- Promote proper cell communication
- Facilitate the optimal performance of the vital functions
With the new bottle, it’s up to you to choose!
Its new dial pump system allows you to adjust the amount of product to apply according to the skin’s needs, the climate and the seasons.
- Combination to oily skin
- Warm and humid climates
- Normal, dry or sensitive skin
- Cold and dry climates
No promises; just results.
Clinically proven effectiveness on signs of ageing
- -20%(1)Appearance of wrinkles
- +32.5%(2)Skin elasticity
- -16.2%(3)Pore volume
83%(4) of women are convinced of Double Serum’s effectiveness
(1) Clinical test, 29 women, 4 weeks
(2) Clinical test, 41 women, 4 weeks
(3) Clinical test, 39 women, 4 weeks
(4) Hydration kinetics, 10 women
(5) Satisfaction test, 362 women, 28 days